NGN 2020 Virtual Conference – Resetting Governance
10th October 9 am – 1 pm (informal networking 8:30 am)
Join Norfolk Governance Network at this year’s Conference, themed Resetting Governance. This has been an unprecedented year for those in governance and for all those in our school communities. Governing with Covid-19 as a constant presence is certainly challenging and we encourage networking so that we can support each other to fulfil our roles, our 2019 Conference theme Feeling Valued, Staying Connected underpinned this need.
- Welcome from Anne Gibson, NGN Chair
- Keynote speaker – Paul Brooker, Ofsted’s East of England Director will update governors on current Ofsted requirements for schools going forward.
- Keynote speaker – Dr Louise Smith, Director of Public Health, Norfolk, joined by Chris Buckwright , Assistant Director of Prevention and Policy in Public Health will provide an important update for governors about Covid-19 in schools and the community. This will also look at local outbreaks, children’s wellbeing and health and why protective measures and risk management is so important.
- Breakout sessions covering:
- Finance – current challenges and future planning
- Professional clerking – NGA
- Digital School Health Profiles – Public Health, Norfolk
- An update about the recent area SEND inspection and how Norfolk County Council has responded and the work being done to support children and young people in Norfolk.
- NGN’s AGM – which governors are encouraged to join will close the event.
2019 Conference information
NGN Annual Conference – Feeling Valued, Staying Connected
Thank you for attending our 2019 NGN Annual Conference
Thank you to all who attended and supported our Annual Conference which took place on Saturday 9th November. We will be sharing information from the event soon.
Our theme was Feeling Valued, Staying Connected and to help support this we are encouraging you all to do so via LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter – links can be found at the bottom of every page.
If you are interested in finding more about NGN and how we represent all in governance in Norfolk then please get in touch!
On the agenda at this year’s event:
- Welcome followed by the NGN AGM
- Breckland Youth Advisory Board talk about Tackling Bullying in Schools
- Guest speaker Sara Tough – Executive Director of Children’s Services at Norfolk County Council shares Development & Education Priorities
- Three workshops covering:
- Fighting Financial Fraud and SFVS
- County Lines – The Exploitation of Children and Adults
- Ofsted: The new Inspection Framework
- Governors’ Question Time
- Mark Deveney – Mental Health Specialist talks about De-mystifying Mental Health
- Conference close
Keep in touch to find out dates for future events.