Thank you to all those who attended and supported our spring Governor Briefings
We will add the information from these briefings when it becomes available.
We will not be running Governor Briefings in the Summer term but will review this as the situation with Covid-19 changes. We will update our Coronavirus Updates page with key information. Thank you to all those in Leadership at all levels for their work during this challenging time. Thanks also to all staff in schools.
Our spring briefings covered the following key topics for governors in Norfolk
The new Ofsted Framework 2019: what the key changes mean for governors.
Norfolk’s school landscape, school places and sufficiency strategy, and SEND area transformation update.
Schools Forum update.
We also had an update on EducateNorfolk the Headteacher’s representation organisation.
Our 2020 conference will take place on Saturday 10th October at the John Innes Centre – information will follow.
NGN Annual Conference – Feeling Valued, Staying Connected
Thank you for attending our 2019 NGN Annual Conference
Thank you to all who attended and supported our Annual Conference which took place on Saturday 9th November. We will be sharing information from the event soon.
Our theme was Feeling Valued, Staying Connected and to help support this we are encouraging you all to do so via LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter – links can be found at the bottom of every page.
If you are interested in finding more about NGN and how we represent all in governance in Norfolk then please get in touch!
On the agenda at this year’s event:
- Welcome followed by the NGN AGM
- Breckland Youth Advisory Board talk about Tackling Bullying in Schools
- Guest speaker Sara Tough – Executive Director of Children’s Services at Norfolk County Council shares Development & Education Priorities
- Three workshops covering:
- Fighting Financial Fraud and SFVS
- County Lines – The Exploitation of Children and Adults
- Ofsted: The new Inspection Framework
- Governors’ Question Time
- Mark Deveney – Mental Health Specialist talks about De-mystifying Mental Health
- Conference close
Keep in touch to find out dates for future events.