NGN Annual Conference – Feeling Valued, Staying Connected
Thank you for attending our 2019 NGN Annual Conference
Thank you to all who attended and supported our Annual Conference which took place on Saturday 9th November.
We will be sharing information from the event soon. Our theme was Feeling Valued, Staying Connected and to help support this we are encouraging you all to do so via LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter – links can be found at the bottom of every page.
If you are interested in finding more about NGN and how we represent all in governance in Norfolk then please get in touch.
On the agenda at this year’s event:
- Welcome followed by the NGN AGM
- Breckland Youth Advisory Board talk about Tackling Bullying in Schools
- Guest speaker Sara Tough – Executive Director of Children’s Services at Norfolk County Council shares Development & Education Priorities
- Three workshops covering:
- Fighting Financial Fraud and SFVS
- County Lines – The Exploitation of Children and Adults
- Ofsted: The new Inspection Framework
- Governors’ Question Time
- Mark Deveney – Mental Health Specialist talks about De-mystifying Mental Health
- Conference close
Keep in touch to find out dates for future events.
Thank you to all who attended and supported our summer term Governor Briefings – we will be posting the dates for our next series of briefings soon.
The summer briefings covered:
- New Ofsted Inspection Regime
- Norfolk SEND Strategy Update – link to document on the Norfolk County Council website here