Norfolk Governance Network (NGN) is the representative organisation for state school governors and trustees from local authority-maintained schools, academies and free schools in Norfolk. NGN is a corporate member of the National Governance Association (NGA).
NGN is run by governors for governors and aims to:
• Provide information to help governors in their role
• Represent the views of governors to the local authority (LA), Department for Education (DfE) and other national and local bodies when required.
• Create networking opportunities for governors to share knowledge and ideas.
• Hold conferences and events involving local and national speakers
• Work with the officers of the LA, Regional Schools Commissioner and Norfolk Governance Service as representatives of school and academy governing boards.
• Assist schools in finding independent governors to sit on panels or committees