Finance & Premises Committee terms of reference - primary
1. To draft, in consultation with the Headteacher and the SIDP, the school's annual budget for presentation to the governing body for approval
2. To prepare financial forecasts for up to 3 years in advance on the basis of known and planned income and expenditure
3. To ensure that the school operates within the Financial Regulations of the County Council
4. To ensure accurate accounts are kept
5. To monitor the recommend authorisation level of the Headteacher set at £xxxc for any single item, and £xxxx for a single order
6. In consultation with the Headteacher to deal with miscellaneous financial decisions including the write off of debts up to £xxx without referring back to the full governing body
7. To receive and review the monthly Budget Control Report(BCR) commitment against the budget update and report any variances to the full governing body
8. To approve arrangements for all major expenditure
9. To ensure Key Success Criteria are identified for major expenditure and to monitor the benefit of the expenditure within 12 months of payment with respect to how the expenditure has contributed to school improvement To action as appropriate other committees to report on the effectiveness of the spend.
10. To monitor the spend on SEN provision to ensure expenditure is correct and appropriate
11. To ensure a system is in place, up to date, and from which it is possible to identify planned replacement of resources
12. To monitor, evaluate and review the following policies; the list of Policies and other Documents gives the schedule and details which policies are statutory.
Governors’ Allowances, Management of Unofficial Funds, Minibus, Health and Safety, Shared Use of School Premises
13. To monitor the expenditure of all voluntary funds kept on behalf of the governing body and provide an annual report to the Governing body
14. To advise the governing body on priorities, including Health & Safety, for the maintenance and development of the school's premises
15. To recommend to the governing body a Premises Development Plan encompassing redecoration, refurbishment and planned maintenance of the school and to implement the plan after approval by the full Governing Body
16. To recommend to the governing body a plan for capital expenditure and to implement the plan after approval by the full Governing Body; to monitor expenditure against plan
17. To oversee arrangements for the use of school premises by outside users subject to Governing Body policy
18. To be aware that Health & Safety, Building Inspections and risk assessments are carried out in the prescribed manner and timing. To monitor the Defects Book.
19. For major expenditure ensure Key Success Criteria are established. Within 12 months of implementation a review is undertaken and reported to the governing body to show the impact on continuous improvement.
20. To be aware of and agree the Asset Management Plan for the school as prepared by Norfolk Property Services (NPS)
|Member||Date Appointed||Member||Date Appointed|
|Caretaker||Invited when appropriate||NPS||Invited when appropriate|
Chair of the Committee:
Clerk to the Committee:
Review of Committee Terms of Reference
Last Review: Next Review: